Everyone knows that love is powerful. It makes people do crazy and sometimes unexplainable things. It can be your saving grace or your worst enemy.
While I agree that we all need some love in our life, people need to learn how to recognize REAL true love. My heart aches [my head too] when I hear girls stuck on a relationship that is unhealthy and filled with nothing but heart ache and tears. Females are creatures of comfort. We seek and yearn for it. So girls all over the world are hugging their tear soaked pillows day & night crying over their "lover" who cheated, lied, and abused them. Yet, they'll drop everything the moment the one they are pining over contacts them. And I mean ANY kind of contact. Good or bad.
I was once a girl who cried every night and was miserable. For some awful reason I just couldn't let go. I was in denial. I had a using, lying, cheating, selfish boyfriend. I had invested so much time, money and love into the relationship I guess it made me blind. I was young too [18-21]. It was my first serious relationship. I guess I kept fighting the already lost battle because I was hard-headed. I was not about to let this guy, who I had invested so much in, go. I especially hated the thought of another girl benefiting from his upgrades that I had instilled in him. Oh heck no [thanks a lot Beyonce + 'Ring The Alarm']
But after years of praying and soul searching, I was finally able to [let go]. It was like a switch went off in my head. One day I finally put my foot down and said "NO MORE". I really wish I hadn't gone through all the bullshit, [shoot..I wish I hadn't even gone through the relationship period] but I benefited from it. I came out a stronger and wiser WOMAN *doing my muscle man pose*. I learned that I don't need a man in my life to be complete. I had been so wrapped up in him that I had forgetten all about what I was capable of. I had lost touch of me.
Yes, I had felt embaressed but I wish someone had told me how stupid I was. Everyone around me sugar coated everything. They didn't want me to hurt any more so they protected my feelings but they were only making things worst. It's like they gave me fake hope.
So, I make sure I tell all the lovely ladies in my life that a cheater is WORTHLESS.
{especially if its a reoccuring offense}
Ladies, please don't ever forget your true worth.
{especially if its a reoccuring offense}
Ladies, please don't ever forget your true worth.
Here's a little list of advice I usually give to my beauties in heart break:
*Take yourself out the picture and look in to realize how bad things are. {Most of the time you'll be so disgusted with yourself to make a big change for the good}
*Listen to empowering & inspirational music {beginning stages}
*Stop blowing up your Facebook and Twitter about:
-How horrible s/he is
-How much better you are without him/her [eventhough you're still crying at night]
-How miserable you are
-How much you miss them
*When you start missing them, start reminding yourself about all the horrible things they put you through. {Reminder: You are not any less of a person because of them & you don't deserve the bullshit}
*DO NOT CONTACT THEM!!! {when you get the urge, shake it off and find something to keep yourself occupied}
*Turn that frown into anger...and in turn it becomes STRENGTH
*Pray [er is key. Ask for strength & guidance]
Ladies, if you are stuck in some heartbreak bullshit, PLEASE LET GO. Please also help out your fellow ladies who are too blind to give up. You need to keep it real with them.
Sugar coating are for chefs.
Sugar coating are for chefs.
Keep your faith up ladies. True love is out there. You can't go looking for it, it'll find you.
Trust me, it does ;)
![]() |
| "One day someone will walk into your life and make you see why it never worked out with anyone else" |

Very well written. Unfortunately, I didn't learn this lesson until my early 30s. I avoid all types of commitments in my 20s. When you see the light, the switch goes on and the wasteful relationship stops.
ReplyDeleteGreat post.