Like my Facebook posts states...I am sitting at work today (actually yesterday) super paranoid of my apartment getting ran thru :( One of the many perils of living in the ghetto right. I can officialy say "I live in the ghetto" womp..womp...wooooomp. East Palo Alto,CA is not that bad. It ain't East Oakland or Richmond but it's ghetto enough for me. I would've never guessed that I'd find myself being an EPA resident.
I grew up in San Bruno & Millbrae, CA. After high school my dad sold our Millbrae house and moved to Sacramento before he and my family took off to the motherland, Tonga. Hella not wanting to leave the Bay Area, I moved in with older sister Lupe and her family in San Mateo. Despite the "gangsters" aka wansksters in San Bruno or San Mateo, I never felt threatened. Pssh, if someone had the balls to try & be intimidating I def. made sure to let em know I was not scared or a girl to be messed with. Dam punks.
Few years later I moved in with my bf who lives in EPA. And giiiiiirrrrrrl! It was a whole new experience for me. Before meeting him I never hung out in EPA at night lol . Never had I lived in a town filled with knocks (aka crackheads) and dealers. Before that I never heard GUN SHOTS outside my window every single day. Never did I have to pray every morning to go outside and find my car safe from robbers or hyphy/drunk drivers who would smash down the block like it was a freeway. I'm thankful tho we lived at one of the "quietest" blocks in the Gardens (his mother's house got ran thru a few weeks ago in broad daylight).
Sooooooo glad I moved my car before I went to sleep! Few weeks later another car crashed into the light pole. The young driver didn't survive.
I've lived in East Palo Alto for almost 3 years now and I'm used to the "norm" of the town. I know which streets to stay away from, which liquor stores to avoid and I'm even familiar with some of the regular town knocks LOL I can even tell the difference between illegal fireworks and illegal gun shots. I know. I'm so G. SIKE! hahaha I even like the small town community vibe it has. Sure, I can say I like EPA..but it doesn't take the fear of the town out of me. I'm scared of stray bullets, robbers and those folks who are just straight grimey dangerous. Ehk.
Lately the shootings have gone up and more people are dying in the streets. Seems like home invasion is up too. My boyfriend Sefo and I moved out his parent's house last October to our own lil ghetto studio on the other side of the ramp but we're still in EPA *sigh*. Although the crime and shootings on this side of town is a lot less, they're still present. There have been a bunch of robberies in our Okeefe area lately and it's been scaring the sh!t out of me. Hate being paranoid but can you blame?! Yesterday I found a lil black phone book in our front patio and it didn't belong to anyone we know. I mean, why are people coming into our yard while we at work? Why are people coming into our yard PERIOD?! It doesn't help my paranoia that the apartment steel gates have been open for almost a month now.
I have renter's insurance but still. I don't like the thought of being vulnerable to punk ass theives trying to run up in my HOME for my property that I've spent hard earned money on. I'm going to buy a 'BEWARE OF DOG' sign even tho I have no dog lol and a lock for my front patio door. I'm a person who likes to always be prepared so... I will buy my locks, possibly an alarm and keep my gun close.
I'll be waiting fuggers!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment