Soooo...I turned 26 about 3 weeks ago and I feel.....the same. lol Nah, I do feel 'heavier'. Not in weight, but in responsibility. I've got just 4 years left til 30. 4 years to accomplish goals so I can find myself being content and proud of...well, ME. I've basically been independent since I was 18/19. That's not normal for a Polynesian 'kid' in the Bay Area. I'm soooo proud that I'm not part of the 'norm' but I'm not as excited about my 'accomplishments' like I should be or better yet, lack of.
I've put myself through a couple of years in college (dropped out & now I can't afford it. BOOOO!). I pay my own bills. I've got a car and a spot of my own in which I'm not related to the landlord [thank u Jesus]. I make pretty good money considering I don't have a college degree. But I'm not truly happy with where I am and what I've got to show for what I've done in the past 8 years. I should be married with kids, balling out of control with red bottoms on my feet and cruising in at least one of my dream cars. Instead I'm in a serious yet not-ready-for-marriage relationship, I'm a super penny pincher cause 'I be broke' with Target flats on my feet [they cute tho ;)] and my 2004 Dodge Neon [aka Betty] feels like it's C-walking everytime it goes over 65MPH. I'm not complaining tho. I love my life. Everything happens for a reason & I'm grateful for what God has blessed me with.
I'm a dreamer so...I will continue to dream and hopefully put actions to my words and in the next 4 years, I hope to:
* acheive a degree
* get a promotion
* have good credit [F'd it all up with my first CC. They really need to teach finance in ALL high schools]
* settle in a home that I L.O.V.E
* drive a dream car
* no longer rely on each paycheck
* be happy with my career
* have a ring on my finger
* be a mother :)
I could've had all of the first 7 on my list checked off but I had too many IDGAF days, partied and shopped...A LOT. I could've had a lot more accomplished if I had the right motivation and support but I never really had any. Plus, I tend to be a procrastinator aka a cat -lol. I'm not as much as I was in my early 20's. I wish I was more focused then, like I am now but it's all good. Lessons learned right?
I hope to continue to grow wiser, stronger & to be able to tell you in 2015 of how good it feels to reach ALL my goals ;)
As for my birthday: Didn't do much. I'm not happy to be older and I don't really do much for my birthdays anyways. Birthdays haven't been the same since I was 9/10 sooooo usually birthdays suck. I compare all my birthdays to the over the top parties Mommy threw me growing up; none has come close to hers.
This year I went to work like any normal day. My sister Lupe was in town from Texas so I headed over to her since I wanted to at least see her on my bday. I miss her soooo much. Omg..I'm tearing up already. Crap. Anyways, she's old [haha she's 35 lol not old at all] so she totally forgot my bday until she looked at the calendar. She made it up tho when her and my two awesome cousins Priscilla & Siliani came by my work to surprise me!!!! They surprised me with what I described as "the best bday gifts" for me:
My fave flowers [Lilies]
Coffee [addicted]
&
a gift certificate to our fave skincare spa [desperately needed]
I'm really a 'simple' girl so these gifts = diamonds & pearls :) I rarely ever get any kind of surprises, especially on my bdays, so they made my day feel special.
Thank you girls!
The handsome BF Sefo took me out to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner. I had taken him to San Mateo Prime for his 26th birthday last year. We sat at our "usual" table right in the front by the window. Again, it was just the two of us up front. I loved how private it was.
We both ordered a medium cut of prime rib with a side of garlic mash and cream spinach. YUMMO. Not to mention my glass of wine got me tipsaaay. Fancy wine kicks my $6 bottle's ass any day.
Overall: Am very grateful being blessed with another year. Spent my day surrounded by people I love and ended it on a great note with my love <3
It was a good day


Omg to noticing that you love lilies and coffee! Maile is the lily lover in the fam whereas me and pumpkin (ESP me! lol) LOOOOOOOVE coffee. Super addicted to the max! I so admire you for being the independent go-getter :) Let me know when you DO get married though because I wanna be there :) haha. Love you! XOXO
ReplyDeletep.s i'm loving the posts!! :)
Happy belated birthday. You are doing well. Stay focused and you will accomplish all of that before 30.
ReplyDelete