everyday randoms of this life I live...

Friday, November 4, 2011

Life is Short

Today as I sat at my desk at work trying to save myself from death by boredum, I was doing what I usually would do...Twitter explore. I noticed a tweet about a family member passing away but I wasn't sure who it was.  So I did what I would usually do...investigate some more on Facebook [oh the benefits of social networks, huh?] I saw posts and was in a bit of denial so I did the next step to confirm...I texted someone. She confirmed that my cousin, and her dear friend, had lost her husband.  He had died in a car crash last night. Instant grief and shock took over. I have so much pain in my heart for my grieving cousin, her children and the rest of the family. Although I had a double handful of encounters with him, he was definietly a person who leaves a lasting impression. Especially when he was with his wife.  Each time they walked in to the room their presence was made. They were the "dream" couple. Both very religious, humble and loving. His outgoing and comedic personality made everyone smile :)

Like all sudden deaths, his was a reality check.  I can't even imagine the pain my cousin is going through. She has always been the one to console and motivate everyone with her wise words. My prayers are with her and their children.  She's a woman of strong faith, I know the Lord will comfort and guide her through.

If I were to lose my Sefo right now, I would want to crawl in to a little ball and cry until I couldn't anymore. I wouldn't want to wake up tomorrow.

As clique as it might sound, cherish your loved ones. Keep them near to your heart and never take them for granted. Enjoy every moment you have with them. You don't know how long it will be.

Much love to you & your loves,

1 comment:

  1. It is important to cherish the moments of your life because it is one of the only few things that we can never get back.

    ReplyDelete